What is the difference between email forwarding and an actual POP3 email account?
Basically, email forwarding just redirects an email written to your domain name (i.e. email@example.com) to a true POP3 email account (i.e. Johndoe@hotmail.com).
With a POP3 email account, the email sent to your domain name (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) will go into your domain name's in-box, allowing you to reply from the same email address.
|Email Forwarding FAQs
Is the Email forwarding service the same as an actual POP3 account?
No, the Email forwarding service we provide is a simple "alias" mail forwarding service that will forward your domain name e-mail to an actual POP3 account.
When I go to enter my email addresses on the third level domain information page, only a few blanks lines appear even though you say I can have 100 email addresses. Why?
Initially, only 3 lines appear for you to enter your email addresses in. If you use the available lines and click "Modify", then more lines will automatically appear the next time that you load this page.
How do I get more than 100 email forwarding addresses?
Please contact us and we will assist you.
How do I forward many email aliases to one email addresses? or even everything!
Just use the amazing star "*" record! This record is ready for you to be used. This is a "catch all" option, which means it will catch all the emails not already listed and forward them to a single email address.
What is the difference between MXE (Mail Easy) records and MX records?
MXE (Mail Easy) is only for use when forwarding-mail to an IP address (i.e. 18.104.22.168)
MX is used when forwarding e-mail to a mail server name i.e. mail.mailserver.com.
NOTE: the dot "." At the end of the mail server name. You MUST include a dot at the end of any mail server name.
Here are two examples, the first using MXE and the other using MX:
POP3 Email accounts FAQs
|How much is a POP email account on my domain name?
We sell POP3 email boxes by packages of 10 called Email Paks. Each Email Pak is $19.95 per year per domain name (that means you get to use the entire Email Pak under one domain name at a time).
This is the same price that we used to charge per mailbox. You now get 9 mailboxes for free.
All I need is one POP email account, can I buy just one?
If you just need one, buy an Email Pak and use only one mailbox.
Can I split the mailboxes I get with one Email Pak into several for multiple domains?
Ex: 5 mailboxes for example.com and 5 mailboxes for example.net.
No, each Email Pak is purchased and managed from only one domain at a time.
I purchased an Email Pak and have set up a user. How do I set-up my email software (email client, like Microsoft Outlook or Netscape)?
These are the settings you will need to use:
- Name/Display Name: Your name
(i.e. John Doe or ACME Sales)
- email address: Aliasemail@example.com
(i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Incoming email server type: POP (not IMAP)
- Incoming mail (POP) server: pop.your-domain-name.com
(i.e. pop.thedoes.com or pop.acme.com)
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.your-domain-name.com
(i.e. smtp.thedoes.com or smtp.acme.com)
- Account/user ID/name: firstname.lastname@example.org
(i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account/user Password: password-you-chose (case sensitive. This is optional, if you don't want to have to type in this password every time you send or receive mail)
- Account Name: Enter what you would like to identify this account
(i.e. thedoes.com POP mail or acme.com POP mail)
If you need step by step help on how to configure your email client please click on the appropriate link below:
How do I get a POP email account?
Signing up is easy just follow these steps.
- Just go to the domain name you want to add a POP3 email account to.
- In the domain control panel, look for the "email Settings" section and click "change".
- Select "POP mail" and click "save changes".
- On the POP3 email configuration page, you need to click the "add an Email Pak" button.
- Checkout your Email Pak.
- Go back to the domain name, and now click "configure" under the email section.
- You can now add and configure users/mailboxes one at a time in your Email Pak by entering the user name and password, and saving your changes
How do I edit a POP email account?
- Just go to the domain name you want to edit a POP3 user/mailbox.
- In the domain control panel, look for the "email Settings" section and click "configure".
- In the Email Pak table, edit the passwords you need and click "save changes".
- On this page you can also simply add a user/mailbox if you have any available in you Email Pak. Otherwise you will need to buy a new Email Pak for additional users.
How do I delete an account
This functionality is coming soon.
What if I use the account for only one month?
The charge is not refundable in whole or part.
How long does it take for the email address to be active?
As soon as you have checked out, and your order has been processed, your email address will be ready.
Can I have POP3 email and mail forwarding set-up at the same time on a domain name?
Not at the moment. We are however working on making this possible in the near future.
NOTE to current POP mail service users
We now require "Server Authentication" on all POP3 email accounts.
This change is adding security to your account.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.